Discovering talents together
Fachhochschule Dortmund - University of Applied Sciences and Arts - our 800 employees continuously work with great motivation to
foster, promote and combine the skills of more than 14,500 students. As one of the ten largest universities of applied sciences in Germany, we offer an excellent teaching and learning environment with our study programs in engineering and social sciences, business studies as well as in architecture, design and computer science with numerous research projects as the best foundation for a successful future of our students.
Take the advantage of the opportunity to discover talents - of others, your own, the mutual and the hidden ones.
Prof. Dr. Recker
at Human Resources:
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your online application until 04 October 2020
Join our university - starting as soon as possible, part-time employment (50%), limited until 30 September 2023 as
Learning Steward for the Project: Industrial Twin Bachelor
Institute for the Digital Transformation of Application and Living Domains (IDiAL)
(Salary level: 13 TV-L)
With the project “Industrial Twin Bachelor”, Fachhochschule Dortmund aims at establishing twin double degree Bachelor programs with several partner universities in China, Mexico and Peru. Due to the enormous geographical distances between the partners, digital teaching and learning methods are a major success factor for establishing aligned study modules at across the universities involved. The Learning Steward will be a coach and consultant for training the users. The role also includes significant research opportunities in the field of flexible online education systems for computer science. Graduates also have the option to pursue a doctoral degree at the Promotionskolleg NRW.
Your future responsibilities:
The responsibilities of a Learning Steward include:
- Developing a concept for a digital learning and teaching system in a multinational university setting, including the support of electronic exams
- Participating in international project events for setting up international twin Bachelor’s programs in order to facilitate transition to digital teaching formats
- Participation in the development of eLearning modules and online courses, documentation and generation of training materials and tutorials
- Consulting, training and teaching of users in English, including train the trainer scenarios; willingness to travel abroad for upto 1 week trainings and workshops
- Scientific research in the field of digital education, digitaltransformation, and innovation and technology
Your qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Project Management, Computer Science or Business Computing
- International experiences, particularly in the area of international Master’s programs
- Experience with eLearning management systems (preferably ILIAS or Moodle)
- Experience with digital teaching and learning environments
- Very good skills in the area of digital and international university didactics
- Preferably own teaching experience
- Project management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Very good English language skills, Spanish or Chinese would be a plus
We are looking forward to applications by an open-minded, inquisitive and committed person with a sense for the essential and thinking outside of the box
The advertised position can be also filled in combination with the currently advertised positions as "Learning Steward for the Project Digital Education Ecosystem" or "IT Technology Steward for the Project Industrial Twin Bachelor" or "IT Technology Steward for the Project Digital Education Ecosystem". If you are interested, please apply for the respective positions and make a reference in the application documents.
As an employer, Fachhochschule Dortmund...
offers - the advantages of working in public service, in particular employment under the Collective Agreement for Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L).
promotes - the application of the latest scientific findings and the ongoing development through an extensive range of further education and training opportunities as well as the opportunity to pursue a doctorate.
focuses - on family and health by providing flexible work-/part-time options, telework/home office as well as offers from the Family Service and Health Management
provides - a modern university environment characterized by unique campus locations and good accessibility in the middle of the vibrant Ruhr Metropolis Dortmund
We encourage applications of qualified persons with severe disabilities and persons with disabilities with equivalent status in accordance with section 2 of the German Social Security Code (SGB) IX. We are also aiming to increase the proportion of women at our university and therefore particularly welcome applications from female candidates. This position is also suitable for part-time employment.