Discovering talents together
Fachhochschule Dortmund - University of Applied Sciences and Arts - our 800 employees continuously work with great motivation to
foster, promote and combine the skills of more than 14,500 students. As one of the ten largest universities of applied sciences in Germany, we offer an excellent teaching and learning environment with our study programs in engineering and social sciences, business studies as well as in architecture, design and computer science with numerous research projects as the best foundation for a successful future of our students.
Take the advantage of the opportunity to discover talents - of others, your own, the mutual and the hidden ones.
Prof. Dr. Wolff
at Human Resources:
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your online application until 4 October 2020
Join our university - starting as soon as possible, part-time employment (50%), limited until 30.11.2021 as
IT Technology Steward and Research Assistant for the Project: Digital Education Ecosystem (DEE)
Faculty of Computer Science
(Salary level: 13 TV-L)
With the project “Digital Education Ecosystem (DEE)”, Fachhochschule Dortmund aims at establishing a digital teaching and learning environment for joint Master’s programs with several European universities. In this context, we are looking to fill the position of a consultant, implementer and coach for digital teaching and learning scenarios. Graduates also have the option to pursue a doctoral degree at the Promotionskolleg NRW.
Your future responsibilities:
The responsibilities of an IT Technology Steward include:
- Developing a concept for a digital learning and teaching system in a multinational university setting, including the support of electronic exams
- Selecting and implementing adequate (Open Source) software, preferably cloud-based solutions, programming web applications and scripts for process automation
- Integrating the international eLearning concept and solution into existing tools and eLearning solutions at the local universities by working with the local IT Technology Stewards
- Coordinating partner universities, particularly in the EuroPIM consortium (Bilbao, Leuven, Kaunas, Trondheim) as well as in Eastern Europe
- Cooperating with the DAAD projects EuroPIM, ManDEE and ViMaCs as well as the Erasmus projects ProDiT and WORK4CE along with the exchange of results in the area of Virtual Master School
- Consulting, teaching and training users, including train the trainer scenarios at partner universities, willingness to travel (circa one-week trainings and workshops)
- Scientific research in the field of eLearning/digital education, digital transformation, and innovation and technology in related areas
Your qualifications and skills:
- University degree (preferably Master’s degree) in Computer Science, Business Computing, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience in the area of IT Systems (Scripting, Network Design, Operating Systems)
- Experience with eLearning systems (preferably Moodle or ILIAS)
- Experience with digital learning environments and student life cycle management
- Good visualization, cloud project management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills and (preferably) teaching experience
- Very good English language skills, German or Russian would be a plus
We are looking forward to applications by an open-minded, inquisitive and committed person with a sense for the essential and thinking outside of the box
The advertised position can be also filled in combination with the currently advertised positions as "IT Technology Steward for the Project Industrial Twin Bachelor" or "Learning Steward for the Project Industrial Twin Bachelor" or "Learning Steward for the Project Digital Education Ecosystem". If you are interested, please apply for the respective positions and make a reference in your application..
As an employer, Fachhochschule Dortmund...
offers - the advantages of working in public service, in particular employment under the Collective Agreement for Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L).
promotes - the application of the latest scientific findings and the ongoing development through an extensive range of further education and training opportunities as well as the opportunity to pursue a doctorate.
focuses - on family and health by providing flexible work-/part-time options, telework/home office as well as offers from the Family Service and Health Management
provides - a modern university environment characterized by unique campus locations and good accessibility in the middle of the vibrant Ruhr Metropolis Dortmund
We encourage applications of qualified persons with severe disabilities and persons with disabilities with equivalent status in accordance with section 2 of the German Social Security Code (SGB) IX. We are also aiming to increase the proportion of women at our university and therefore particularly welcome applications from female candidates. This position is also suitable for part-time employment.